Thursday 6 March 2014

Bubbles, Browns and The Blind Pig

So, it's been a while since I've written as I've been so busy! BUT, since my last post, I'm very excited to announced that I'm engaged! It happened in NYC in December and it was utter perfection (not to mention a complete shock!) but more on that later, this post is about the hunt for the dress. It's started, and oh my gosh is it fun.

This weekend I was lucky enough to spend in London with my beautiful bridesmaids and maid of honour. A treat in itself, but tied in with the fact that I got to spend it with them at the incredible Browns Bride and Vera Wang, with a sushi lunch from Nobu and nibbles and bubbles from The Blind Pig-this was one weekend I will not be forgetting for a long time!
 

I have to especially thank my MOH who arranged the whole day for me, booking appointments at Vera and Browns (where she managed to get all 5 of us in, with champagne in our very own private VIP fitting room!), and boy did I feel special!


I've loved and longed for a Vera Wang wedding dress ever since I knew what a wedding was! I love the fabric manipulation that she's famous for, and the figure hugging designs that are so perfectly executed it's like wearing a work of art. Everything, just everything was sheer perfection, and I went away with more than a few favourites. I can safely say I was made for Vera, and I think she was made for me! Unfortunately no pictures of the masterpieces were allowed, but trust me pictures do not do these dresses justice!
 
 
After Vera we scooted over to Browns on Hinde Street, where again I was spoilt rotten! These ladies know their stuff and go out of their way to make your day the best it can be (and the dresses aren't half bad either)!
 
 
But this wasn't a weekend just about dresses, we indulged on some tasty treats from a firm favourite of mine when visiting London; Nobu, and a new found favourite in the form of The Blind Pig in Soho. With 'bites' of some deliciously executed classics (like duck fat chips and truffle mac and cheese) mixed in with some alternative dishes, like the chorizo hot dog with paprika aioli in a brioche bun (I know!), the food was to die for, the décor divine and the champagne seemed bottomless.
 
 
What more can a girl ask for??

 




No comments:

Post a Comment