Sunday 13 January 2013

New Year Style Resolutions

So for today's post I have taken a bit of inspiration from Twitter, my favourite magazines and blogs, and have decided to come up with a list of New Year Resolutions that are all focused on my style, fashion and wellbeing! I'm not making the ususal 'get fit', 'lose weight' sort of deals that we all say and then two weeks down the line have nice and quietly swept under the carpet for the next New Year - these are going to be more personal, more specific and hopefully more beneficial (not to mention much more fun!).

Resolution Numero Uno.

  

Face-time. I celebrated my 25th birthday last weekend. For some of you this may seem young, for others it may seem old! For me, honestly, it was a bit daunting! I have always looked after my skin - cleansing, toning, moisturising - check. So I wasn't too worried about the big 25 in that sense, but as a precautionary measure I took myself of to the fabulous beauty department in Harvey Nics to enquire about what more I can do to keep all those dreaded lines and wrinkles at bay. I trotted on over to the Lancome counter where I was greeted by a gorgeous, fresh-faced girl, Gemma. I immediately wondered how old she was. I know I shouldn't but her skin was beautiful and I thought to myself if she's 30 and looks like this, then I'm buying whatever she's selling! After a very thorough consultation (in which I was told that prevention is definitely better than cure!) and a chat about piling on the Christmas pounds I decided upon the Genifique Youth Activator, Genifique Eye concentrate (for the morning), Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector (for the evening) and the Hydra Zen Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream (day and night). So far I'm loving them, but the one thing that was recommended that I don't include in my regular beauty regime - facials. So resolution number one: have one facial every month in 2013.

Resolution Number Two.



Drink more water. Drinking water keeps skin cleansed and hydrated, encouraging clear, fresh skin. By drinking more water it will flush out toxins and eliminate the pour-clogging dirt and grime we all come into contact with everyday, giving a gorgeous, healthy glow. It also helps reduce the appearance of fine line, wrinkles and cellulite.

Resolution Number Three.



Undertake a major wardrobe clear-out! What did I spend part of my Saturday afternoon doing yesterday? Assembling two new clothes rails for my dressing room. Why? Because I have a stupid amount of clothes. Half of which don't fit, are a bit worn or are hidden away in  piles so I can't actually see what I own anyway! As a stylist I should know better, the first thing I ask women to do is go through their wardrobes and chuck out all of the clothes in the aforementioned categories! Well this 2013 it is time for me to take my own advice!







What are your New Year Style Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment