Monday 21 January 2013

Women's SS13 Fashion Trends

So I woke up this morning, drew back my curtain and stopped for a while watching the sun glistening on the snow. Beautiful. I love the shimmering, shiny qualities like little jewels reflecting the light. This iridescence reminded me perfectly of the next big women's fashion trend for Spring/Summer 13; Metallic Madness.


Corrie Nielson, SS13


This SS13, the shinier the better! Which is perfect for those magpies amongst us that are instantly attracted to anything that glistens! (My boyfriend often says I need blinkers when we go shopping. I can spot a sparkle from 500m and I'm attracted to it like a moth to a flame!) So I am thoroughly enamoured with this trend. Glitter, gold, foil fabrics and iridescent jewel prints, these clothes are fun and funky and are sure to get you noticed.

Diane Von Furstenberg, SS13

What I love about this futuristic fashion phenomenon - instant glamour. The light hitting these pieces is reminiscent of a sparkling diamond, bringing a richness to an outfit in a very modern way. I'd start by investing in a pair of shiny shoes (I love Kurt Geiger's collection) or a blinding bag (I recently bought a gorgeous silver snake skin clutch from Beirn) to ease into this trend.


Anja Metallic Leather Courts, Kurt Geiger - these look great with a pair of skinny jeans and a tee for a casually-coiffed, effortless look.

Beirn Silver Snakeskin Clutch Bag



If you're feeling a little more confident work in key pieces in holographic finishes and precious metal tones.


Burberry, SS13

How will you be rocking the metallic trend this Spring/Summer?

What is your favourite pearly piece on the market?


No comments:

Post a Comment