Sunday 20 January 2013

Women's Fashion Trends - Spring/Summer 2013

Good evening my fabulously fashionable readers, and what a white evening it is! All this snow is beautiful isn't it, like a beautiful fluffy blanket tucking the earth in to bed! I do, however find all of this winter dressing rather dreary-today I even took to wearing my salopettes, ski jacket and gloves to venture out of the house (OK, I was going out for a snowball fight and thought I really ought to wear something waterproof so as not to get frostbite on my poor little fingers. Or anywhere else for that matter!) So, I've been inspired to look ahead to the upcoming Spring/Summer 2013 trends, planning outfits, picking accessories and fantasising about footwear; my next few posts will be focusing on what the trends are this season, how to wear them and where to buy. I hope you enjoy!

 
Altuzarra, Spring/Summer 2013       Haider Ackermann, SS13


It's an Eastern affair this Spring/Summer 2012. Lavish oriental patterns embroidered onto fine silks, obi belts and waist-cinching kimono jackets in beautiful brights are the order of the day. Think pretty dresses, blouses and pyjama pants, and for those balmy eves; a wrap-jacket is an easy but elegant way to channel your inner Geisha.


Pucci, SS13

Designers have definitely gone two ways on the catwalks-minimal, sleek tailoring in block colours and more ornate attire in silky, floaty shapes adorned with decadent details.

 
Gucci SS13                              Osman SS13


Personally, I love this look! Remember to keep accessories to the bare minimum-the designs are perfect on their own. Keep hair sleek and straight or try a funky origami up-do for a true taste of the orient.

On the high street - I'll be doing Whilstles for a gorgeous pair of pyjama style pants, Miss Selfridge for their perfect peach, embellished kimono (pictured below-an absolute steal at £55!). Try a metallic obi-belt to add a bit of va va voom to your outfit (think Gucci-inspired but Mango prices, which is where I found this beauty below!)

 


What are your thoughts on this Far Eastern fancy?

What will you be buying to wear the trend? An obi belt, tabi socks?

Do you prefer the sleek and sophisticated or the rich and refined look?

No comments:

Post a Comment