Thursday 9 May 2013

Ciao, Mr Missoni

Hello everyone! I know, I've been away a looooooong time...In fact, I didn't blog once in April on here! Sorry all, but I do have an excuse, I'm house-hunting! It's going well so far, but it's very time consuming! I'm also in the process of looking for puppies! Hungarian Vizsla tops the most wanted list...


Now that I'm here, I also want to pay tribute to one half of one of the most incredible fashion duos in history. Ottavio Missoni passed away this morning aged 92 years. After meeting his wife Rosita in London in 1948 (he was there as the outfitter of the Italian Olympic Team no less), they married in 1953 and soon became a great force to be reckoned with in the fashion world. Known for his bold geometric designs, beautiful colours and bevies of bronzed beauties in his ad campaigns (Kate Moss, Rachel Weisz and Lara Stone to name but a few)! This is one man who may well be gone, but will most certainly not be forgotten. Here are a few of my favourite Missoni pieces to finish on...What are yours?







No comments:

Post a Comment