Friday 31 May 2013

Outfit du Jour - Casual Friday

So it's Friday! Yay! And it's sunny! Double Yay! Friday's for me mean casual attire in the office, which I always think is quite tricky as I don't want to come in looking too dressed down. Plus for those that know me, you'll know that I don't really do casual! 

With this in mind, I've gone for jeans on my lower half. The J Brand Martini Flare in indigo to be specific! I love J Brand-the fit's great, the quality's amazing and the shape of these flares is just perfect. Don't get me wrong I love a good skinny jean but there's something about a flare that I just can't get enough of at the minute (plus I saw VB in a pair at the beginning of the week and so took some inspiration from her)!



On my top half, I decided on a cream pussy bow blouse by Walter Baker for The Outnet. This gives the outfit a slightly dressier look that I think makes it more office-appropriate. I've also layered on a blue leopard print sweater from Gerard Darel to keep me warm when I left home early this morning! Gerard Darel usually gets a bad rep amongst the younger crowd, but I have to say the recent collections have been much more friendly to the 20-30 somethings-I have a feeling it's something to do with the absolutely STUNNING model in their ad campaigns for SS13! Anyway, go and give them a look and you may just be pleasantly surprised!



As for accessories, I kept things simple with a nude court from Aldo, a nude clutch from TK Maxx, and Oscar de la Renta sunnies!




I also think this outfit would look great with a pair of fluoro yellow courts like these beauties from Whistles at £125.



Let me know what you think in the comments box below!


No comments:

Post a Comment