Saturday 21 July 2012

A Perfectly Presentable Summer 2012!




Hey All! I know I’m slightly late with the summer special BUT seen as this is my first ever blog I hope you can forgive me, also as the weather has been terrible we haven’t been able to enjoy the trends as we should so far anyway! But I’ve been checking my weather app and it’s looking up for next week so I’ll get this out now and consider it just in time!
Yes, summer’s finally here and it’s all about prints! Floral, tribal, geometric, you name it, we want it! Think families of colours in bold Aztec prints teamed with sultry animal prints as seen on catwalks from Dolce and Gabbana to Michael Kors. Pop on a pair of Gucci vintage cats eyes sunglasses (£150) to set off the look and channel the inner vixen that you are! Accessorise with bright, block-coloured handbags and shoes to really stand out from the crowd, I am all about Sophia Webster at the minute, once assistant to Nicholas Kirkwood her designs are feel-good summer shoes in a plethora of different colours and prints with the price-points being remarkably reasonable too. Haven’t seen her work yet? CHECK IT OUT IMMEDIATELY!
Feeling slightly shy, stick to one key item in a bright, bold pattern, pair with more understated pieces and rock it with a fab tribal necklace, Primark and Topshop have a brilliant selection, whilst those with a more monstrous budget head over to Harvey Nichols for the astonishing display from Erickson Beamon, my personal favourite being the Foxy 22-karat gold-plated oversized Swarovski crystal necklace (£850).
So ladies, here’s the brief how to on prints this summer but just remember those wishing to disguise a well-rounded booty stick to ditsy prints and patterns and avoid stripes on the bottom-half. Petite ladies also may want to avoid being drowned out by big bold prints and focus on a more subtle style. Try coupling a simple floral dress with a different floral print cardi and a pair of killer heels.
So, today I'm going to a gorgeous place called Eastnor castle in Herefordshire with my boyfriend for a nice day out! Then I think later we'll be hitting up the Cheltenham Open Air Theatre...very sophisticated day needing an outfit to match! Think I'm going to wear my J Brand Martini Skinny Flares in indigo, with my favourite Whistles silk snakeskin shirt (Pale pink and grey and super chic in my opinion!) Teaming this up with my Jeffrey Campbell cream canvas wedges again so I don't sink into the ground! And for enjoying the theatre later I'll make sure to take my favourite jacket that I have ever owned!! A pastel peach BCBGMaxaria waterfall jacket that is totally on trend this summer. Remember to check Twitter @RachelETranter for all the pics and quick updates!
Have a brilliant Saturday!!
Love, love
x RT @ PP x

No comments:

Post a Comment