Friday 27 July 2012

A Perfectly Presentable Weekend Wardrobe




Hey there everyone!! Sorry this post is so late today but living out in the country my internet is TERRIBLE! So the fashion show last night was really fun, it was to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Research so a very noble cause! I’m not sure of the final total raised yet but I believe it was a fairly substantial amount, hurrah! In the catwalk there were a number of really lovely summery outfits which coupled with the fact that today is Friday, have inspired me to put together a few outfits that will be suitable for the weekend ahead. Also I know that everywhere is launching and advertising pre-fall and AW12 collections, but it’s far too sunny for me to even be thinking about that right now, I may start some reviews next week but for now I’m sticking to my summer wardrobe wonders (of which most are in the sale so you can also grab yourself a bargain)!

I am going to be using a mixture of my own outfits, and those that I have seen online or in magazines that have really caught my eye. All outfits will be suitable for drinks, dancing, BBQs (just change the heels) and of course watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony!

Monochrome Madness

Black Primark Strapless Top, H&M White Skirt with Polka-dots, H&M Black skirt, Biba Black Heels, DKNY Black Clutch ( My B-Day present from Alex two years ago-chosen all my himself and I love it!). Monochrome always look classy and sharp, this is a brilliant outfit for drinks or lunch and for the cool days just pop a black cropped sweater over the top. Also if you aren’t a fan of strapless, tanks and vests look equally good.





Burning Bright

Hobbs Pink Tunic Dress, Dorothy Perkins Yellow Skinny Belt, Biba Black Heels, DKNY Black Clutch. I’ve kept this look quite classic with black heels and clutch but you could try nude or even yellow to match the belt. Don’t have yellow? Orange, green, blue, lilac and many, many more colours contrast nicely with the pink, just choose whatever you have in your wardrobe; or if you’re buying choose the best colour suited to your skin tone.




Tribal Scream.

Miss Selfridge Brown Faux Suede shorts, All Saints Black Chiffon Shirt, Topshop Snakeprint Wedges, Mulberry Bella Messenger in Tan. Safari, animal print, tribal, aztec. Four things that immediately spring to designers minds for an elegant, ethnic look. The traditional pieces featured heavily in SS12 runways such as safari jackets, khaki shorts and leopard-prints (See Michael Kors and Roberto Cavalli) but there were also some fresh ideas with summer crochet, raffia and modern finishing and fabrics. My personal favourite being the shiny safari pants at Balenciaga by Nicholas Ghesquiere.


Perfect Paisley

Black Primark Strapless Top, Red Print Wide-leg Zara Trousers, Black Biba Heels, Black Prada Bag. This look is a perfect day outfit as you can make it as casual or dressy as you like. Stick to totes and messy hair for a less formal look, or grab a clutch and a sleek up-do for dressier occasions. These trousers are super long on me so I always wear a ridiculously high heel with them (who am I kidding? I ALWAYS wear a ridiculously high heel!) But you could put on a flat or sandal if preferred.



Fruit Pastels

3.1 Phillip Lim (As seen in The Collections Spring/Summer 2012 The Vogue Edit). I love this outfit, it’s so chic and beautiful, perfect to wear for lunch, drinks or even around town whilst shopping. The colours compliment each other perfectly and the structured look just screams effortless elegance.






White Hot

The Kooples skirt and sweater (As seen in The Kooples Spring-Summer Collection 2012 Brochure). This outfit is beautifully relaxed yet sophisticated. Maxi skirts and pleats are very on-trend for SS12 so this skirt kills two birds with one stone! For those really hot days, swap the sweater for a cute white vest and add a necklace or silk scarf. What I really love aboiut this outfit is that the Kooples are currently in their third markdowns and the majority of their SS12 stock is now at 70% off so pop into your nearest store or have a cheeky look online at www.thekooples.co.uk



Blooming Marvellous

Take inspiration from Erdem this SS12 for a plethora of floral prints, beaded blooms and gorgeously intricate applique flowers. I love this outfit, the clashing prints and tapered trousers are bang on trend and give a beautiful day-evening look. H&M and Topshop have an array of floral prints on every item of clothing you could possibly think of for more affordable copycats.






Olympic Chic

With the Olympics not even a whisper away, the world has been seduced by the sports luxe look. Track pants with a loosely tailored top, floor-length dresses with dramatic cutaways and neoprene minis are everywhere with an incredible selection at Mulberry, Victoria Beckham and Alexander Wang. Layer-up with cycling shorts under skirts and an anorak, wear them bright, bright, bright during the day but tame it down with monochrome and nudes for a more sultry style.

I hope this gives a good overview of all the trends that are still around for summer with a few ideas on how to wear them! Tonight, I’m going to watch the opening ceremony at Grove Golf Club in Herefordshire and I’ll be sporting the print look-will keep you updated of my outfit choice as soon as I know what I’m wearing!

Happy Olympics Night Everyone! Super Exciting!!

Love, love,
x RT @ PP x

No comments:

Post a Comment