Thursday 23 August 2012

AW12 Womens Fashion Trends

Perfectly Presentable Britain

Good afternoon my gorgeous PPRs! What a manic day I have been having! I must have written about 70 emails and made about 30 phone calls! But I'm taking a well deserved hour to write today's fashion blog post and relax! So, with London Fahion Week rapidly approaching and whilst I am currently working on Cheltenham Fashion Week, in whgich I have been scouring the UK to find retailers to exhibit at one of our extremely stylish and exclusive events Boutique 24 at Cowley Manor, I have been drawn in to the excellent standard at which Britain is at in the fashion industry.



I am also reminded of this fact this AW12 as one of the key trends for womens fashion is the British Heritage Look. Yes, that's right, us Brits are so high in the style stakes that we have our very own trend crafted after us this season! Maybe it has something to do with a certain sporting event staged by London this summer, or the fact that our Monarch was celebrating 60 years on the throne. Whatever it was though, it definitely made an impact! Here are my tips on what to buy, where to buy and how to wear the British Heritage Look for AW12.

     
Burberry AW12, McQ AW12 and Peregrine Clothing AW12


Think plaids, checks, tweeds and wool. Think rural life of the upper classes enjoying country pursuits such as shooting and hunting. Established British brands mastered this trend well, reworking classics from decades ago into quirky modern pieces in natural fabrics. Burberry springs immediately to mind. It was the number one most watched fashion house at LFW in February and I can certainly see why. Owl motifs on t-shirts and fox heads on bags and belts, AW12 really seems to be in tune with the British countryside.

  

Mulberry also have come up with some absolute corkers with their AW12 campaign (the one with the monsters and the beautiful Lindsey Wixson starring) being my the best I've seen in years! Think Where the Wild Things are meets Parisian Chic, making for a remarkable ready-to-wear collection that is full of natural fabrics, woolly scarves and furry, feathered gilets paired with exquisite tailoring and sublimely cut clothes. Sheer perfection. By far my favourite fashion season that Mulberry has ever done. 


And the bags are looking pretty incredible too, with those luxe fabrics and patterns and uber rich colours being present throughout the whole collection. They have definitely done Britain proud!

I've put together a few items that I am absolutely loving this season and how I would wear them. This is a casual look and I'd rock this whilst out shopping, going to lunch or hanging out with friends. 
Scarf-Alexander Mcqueen at Harvey Nichols £245.
Prince of Wales Check Straight Leg Trousers-Paul Smith £385
Hat-Whistles at ASOS £35
GILI Waffle Knit Jumper-Studio Nicholson at youngbritishdesigners.com Was £220, Now £80!
Sharky Chelsea Boots-Kurt Geiger Was £195, Now £99


For a smarter way to wear this, add a pair of heels and swap the kintwear for a silky blouse or top, then throw on a blazer on top. I would personally choose these three items and wear them with the trousers, hat and scarf from above!

Minerva Signature Boy Blazer-Studio Nicholson at youngbritishdesigners.com Was £350, Now £125
Eloise Off White Tie Front Blouse-Reiss £129
Sacred Velvet Bow Court Shoe-Topshop £65

I hope this provides some inspiration! There are many, many other brands and fashion houses rocking the British Heritage look this season so have a look out there for more ideas. Prada is particularly british this AW12 and they have some fabulous men's coats in natural fabrics with incredible fur lined collars. Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren are also championing British Heritage and there are some gorgeously chic looks that I'm definitely buying into! What do you think? Who are your favourites?

That's all for today though PPRs! Have an excellent evening and I will speak soon!

Love, love, 
x RT @ PP x




1 comment: