Thursday 16 August 2012

Perfectly Presentable Festival Styling

Hey PPRs! How are we all today? I'm having a manic day back at work at Cheltenham Fashion Week after my day off yesterday. I went bowling it was fab, my outfit in no way matched the shoes though. Haha. I love bowling shoes!

So today I'm trying to find models for our shows in September, we are having a model casting at La Tasca in Cheltenham on Saturday 11am-4pm if anyone is interested in coming along! Bring friends, sizes 8-12 please as we here at Cheltenham Fashion Week are very keen to promote and represent healthy females figures on the catwalk! Much Like this beauitful lady, who incredibly has had a baby not so long ago...



Jaw drops!

But anyway, with the news that my gorgeous boyfriend is going away to V festival this weekend I have been inspired to do today's post on fabulous festival outfits! For girls though so Alex unfortunately you can't take any tips from this!

Elizabeth And James - Rosaria printed silk dress

I love this gorgeous Elizabeth and James number (£540). It's the perfect mix of boho chic and teamed with a pair of wellies will be grungy and edgy-perfect for V. The price tag is a little wowzer, especially when these weekends usually turn into booze-fuelled, mud-sodden soirees so take inspiration from this and find a high street version, for example I love this Rare (Topshop) beauty and it's only £10 in the sale! Mud it up for that price!


Also if you have funky wellies, get a block colour dip hem dress and jazz it up with statement jewellery that match your funky boots. Here are some of my faves...

 
Accessorize £14

spike necklace by Anton Heunis
Anton Heunis £137 (available at mywardrobe.com)

So for over your beautifully boho dress you'll probably be needing a cardi...Choose a big chunky one to keep you warm in the evening and to look cute and cosy over the silky dress. It really just adds to the boho look plus is super practical which is what we all need at festivals! Check out ASOS for a fabulous range of cardis and jumpers at a range of prices and colours to match literally every outfit you own!

Image 1 of Vila Exclusive Cable Knit Grandad Cardi

So now for shorts! I absolutely love the aztec trend and these by far are one of the cutest pairs I've seen!
Team these with a white shirt and some funky jewellery, ankle boots or wellies and a straw trilby for a really relaxed nonchalance and watch as the compliments come flooding in...

J brand and Rag and Bone have a brilliant selection of coloured denim shorts as well which you could either team with the same white shirt or a patterened top/vest etc... the possibilities are endless! Rmember to get a plain cardi and you'll be able to wear this to keep warm and minimise packing as it will go with all of your outfits! For inspiration from the stars look to Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley


I hope this helps to prepare! Here are my final favourite things to take to a festival this summer 2012!

Hunters

Ksubi Eyewear Sunnies-Patterened frames are so hot right now, and as for the quirky shapes...yum!


Remember to take a rain mac too and everyone stay safe and have fun! I wish I was going but I have too much work to do, next year for definite, and I may just rock the festival looks anyway! 

Love, love,

x RT @ PP x

No comments:

Post a Comment